Dr. Mark Mobius
Mobius Capital Partners LLP
Dr. Mark Mobius is seen by many as the founder of the emerging markets asset class. He has a reputation as one of the most successful and influential managers over last 30 years. In May 2018, with two ex-colleagues, he launched Mobius Capital Partners. The firm utilizes a highly specialized active investment approach with an emphasis on improving governance standards in Emerging and Frontier Market companies.
Prior to this, Dr. Mobius was employed at Franklin Templeton Investments for more than 30 years, most recently as Executive Chairman of the Templeton Emerging Markets Group. During his tenure, the group expanded AUM from USD 100m to over USD 40bn and launched a number of emerging market and frontier funds focusing on Asia, Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe. His career and influence has earned him numerous industry awards.
Dr. Mobius received his PhD at MIT and has studied at Boston University, University of Wisconsin, Syracuse University, Kyoto University and the University of New Mexico.
Dr. Mobius is a member of the Economic Advisory Board of the International Finance Corporation (IFC). Since 2010 he has also served as a member of the supervisory board of OMV Petrom in Romania, and was previously a Director on the Board of Lukoil, the Russian oil company.
A prolific writer, Dr. Mobius is the author of books translated into several languages:
- The Little Book of Emerging Markets (2012)
- Bonds – An Introduction to the Core Concepts (2012)
- Foreign Exchange – An Introduction to the Core Concepts (2009)
- Mark Mobius – An Illustrated Biography (2007)
- Mutual Funds: An Introduction To The Core Concepts (2007)
- Equities: An Introduction To The Core Concepts (2007)
- Passport to Profits (1999/2012)
- Mobius on Emerging Markets (1996)
- The Investor’s Guide to Emerging Markets (1994)
- Trading with China (1973)
Mobius is a recognized global emerging markets expert, appearing frequently in the media including global networks Bloomberg, CNBC, MSNBC, and CNN and has received numerous industry awards, including:
- Life Time Achievement Award in Asset Management (2017) Global Investor Magazine
- 50 Most Influential People (2011) Bloomberg Markets Magazine
- Africa Investor Index Series Awards (2010) African Investor
- Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People (2006) Asiamoney
- Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year (2001) International Money Marketing
- Ten Top Money Managers of the 20th Century (1999) Carson Group survey
- Number One Global Emerging Market Fund (1998) Reuters Survey
- First in Business Money Manager of the Year (1994) CNBC
- Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year (1993)
- Morningstar Investment Trust Manager of the Year (1992) Sunday Telegraph
More About ISC